The prestigious institution B.J.S.R. Jain College was established in 1934 just 13 years before our independence. Initially it was founded as a middle school at Dauji Road, in the heart of the city by Late Sh. Bahadur Mal Jaskaran Sidhkaran within one year of its beginning the institute was promoted to high school. In 1945 it was again raised to Intermediate college. In 1937, the institute was converted to Degree College. Since then the institute has been marching ahead with a multi-faculty postgraduate institution. It is one of the prominent institution in private sector. At present the following faculties are functioning in the institute B.A., B.Com., M.A., M.Com., MBA, BCA, BBA, LL.B.., LL.M., DCL., DLL. etc.