LL.M. First Year
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Law University, Jaipur 2020
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO LL.M. COURSE:
- The Degree of Master of Laws shall consist of two Parts- Part I and II and there will be
an examination at the end of each academic year viz. LL.M. Part I Examination at the end
of the First Year and LL.M. Part II Examination at the end of the Second Year.
2. A candidate who has passed the B.A.LL.B. Five Years or LL.B. Three Years Course or
any other law degree examination of the State Universities of Rajasthan or an
examination of some other University recognized by the Board of Management of the
University as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate or a
candidate who holds B.A.LL.B. Five Years or LL.B. Three Years Degree or who has
passed any of the Post Graduate Diploma courses of University in the Faculty of Law
with 55% of marks in the aggregate at the Diploma Examination and pursued a regular
course of study in an affiliated college for one academic year shall be eligible for
admission to the LL.M. Part I Course.
3. A candidate passing the B.A.LL.B. Five Years or LL.B. Three Year Course with a
minimum of 55 % marks shall be eligible to apply for admission to LL.M. Part I Course.
There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe,
5% for Other Backward Class candidates and 5% for E.W.S. Candidates.
LLM I Year :
- PAPER 1.1.: LAW AND SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION IN INDIA
- PAPER 1.2. : CONSTITUTIONAL LAW OF INDIA AND NEW CHALLENGES
- PAPER 1.3. : JUDICIAL PROCESS
- PAPER 1.4. : LEGAL THEORY AND HUMAN RIGHTS PHILOSOPHY
- PAPER 1.5. : LEGAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
LL.M. Second Year
Every Candidate Offering himself/herself for the LL.M. Part-II Examination shall be examined in five papers belonging to any of the following branches. Each paper shall be of 3 Hours duration and carry 100 Marks.
A Candidate may offer Case study/ Survey Report/ Fieldwork in lieu of a paper at the LL.M. Part II examination. The Case study/ Survey Report/ Fieldwork shall be of 70 marks, and viva-voce 30 marks. The Case study/ Survey Report/ Fieldwork shall be handwritten and shall not be of more than 100 pages and is to be submitted in triplicate so as to reach the office of the Registrar at least 3 weeks before the commencement of the theory examination. Only such candidates who shall be permitted to offer Case Study/Field Work/ Survey Report (If provided in the scheme of examination) in lieu of a paper as those who have secured at least 55% marks in the aggregate, irrespective of the number of papers in which a candidate actually appeared at the examination.
Branch – II Criminal Law :
- Paper -I Comparative Criminal Procedure
- Paper-II Penology & Victimology
- Paper- III Drug Addiction, Juvenile Delinquency
- Paper – IV Privileged Class deviance and Criminal Justice
- Paper- V Collective Violence
Branch – III Business Law :
- Paper— I Law of Industrial and Intellectual Property
- Paper— II Legal Regulation of Economic Enterprises Including Export & Import regulation
- Paper— Ill Banking Law
- Paper— IV Insurance Law
- Paper V Corporate Finance